Saturday, April 30, 2016

Crown of Midnight - Review *Spoiler*

I can't even begin to put into words what just happened in this book. The epicness. The writing. AH. Yes there will be major spoilers. Do not read if you have not read the first book Throne of Glass.

First of all, what an amazingly written story. It truly only gets better with this series. Action packed from beginning to end and these characters are so likeable. There is not one that I do not like (other than the king and his little minions). But, my ship just crashed and that makes me sad. I was Chaol and Celaena to the end. :(. Dorian is okay, though. Whatever.

I felt like there were multiple plots folding out in this book but yet they all tied together to make something amazing. Dorian has magic and that's really the first mystery in this book and how does he have it over everyone else. The king rid the world of magic except for him and that led to Dorian also being exempt of the rule. I find it so incredibly interesting how the king's son has magic and would be killed with no problem if anyone found out even though the king also has magic. But of course, the king wants all the power and can't bare to let anyone become more powerful than he is. Then Nehemia dies which sort of rocks the book for the rest of the book. Things fall apart and come together and blur and become clearer. I must admit I am still confused with some things that have to with her lying to Celaena and the whole rebellion group. I didn't and still don't understand Archer's part in all of it. Celaena is also Fae and that's a major problem problem in the kingdom. She would be put to death if anyone knew she still had some Fae blood in her. So she is sent away. To her home country. This is going to go real great.

I have no bad comments about this book. I'm extremely excited to start Heir of Fire and see what happens with the plot. I hear some things change and ships change. I need to know who she ends up with.

5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment