Sunday, April 24, 2016

City Of Bones {The Mortal Instruments Book 1} - Review

  City Of Bones was the first book I had ever read by author Cassandra Clare. I had heard many good things about this book series; so far everything I've heard is spot on. It is an absolutely amazing book series. I know I know, how can I say that when I've only read the first book? Just trust me. You'll say the same thing when you're reading the last page and saying, "That's it?!" And needing and wanting the next book in two point two seconds.
   This book was very full of adventure. There was never a dull moment in this book. The first adventure starts off in a night club with the main character Clarissa Fray, Clary for short, and her best friend Simon. When they're at the night club Clary thinks she sees a person with a knife trying to hurt someone but Simon couldn't see either of the people. But Clary  follows them into a back room and finds out that there is a group of them in this room there. And by following them that night she opened a whole new world into her life. One of the people that were glamoured from Simon so he was unable to see him was Jace. Since Clary could see Jace, even with his glamour, he stayed with her to make sure she was safe and not a demon. But some time later her mother mysteriously disappears. All throughout the book Clary and Jace try finding her mother. One of the more crazy events is one of the people Clary trusts the most turns into a demon. Simon even helps fighting and finding Clary's mom after everything is elaborately explained to him. Simon comes in to save the day and saves many of their new friends lives, including Clary's life. 

   This is a very small snippet of what the book is about and what the book is all about. I try not to spoil any book I review about but if I know I will spoil it, it will be in the title. I highly recommend this book because it was absolutely amazing and it was highly recommend to me by a very very trusted person. I love the way Cassandra Clare writes. If you want to know all the details about this book, please please read it. My next post will be about the second book in this series when I finish it. Happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment