Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Glass Sword-Review *Spoilers*

Glass Sword is the second book of Victoria Aveyard's series, The Red Queen. Since this is a second book, there will be some major spoilers so please don't read this review if you haven't red this series yet.

I loved the first book in this series. I loved the lightning abilities that Mare possessed because lightning isn't really a power I see character's possessing. I didn't see the ending come with that book at all. I never thought Maven would not only betray Mare but Cal also. He did though. That's pretty much where the first book ends and the second one picks up where the first one left off.

As I said above, I loved the first book and I loved the characters in the first book. But the second book, I started feeling more annoyed towards some of them. Especially Mare. I know she went through a lot and I didn't expect her to be the same but I didn't expect her to turn into some cold heartless person. I lost any connection I felt towards her. I hated her point of view in this book. I wanted to choke her at some points. She will turn into the person she didn't want to be. She already is. The book is also extremely slow. Basically, you're just building up for a prison break that doesn't come until the last 75 pages. Woo.

Shade and Cal were probably the only two characters that helped me personal get through the book. I loved Cal in this book especially. He lost some of his proper ways and became human. You could understand why he did what he did. I just understood him in a different way then I did before. More will never deserve him. She deserves Maven. Shade was just a snarky and hilarious character at certain points and I loved him. I was more sad for his death than Mare was.

This was a very hard review for me to word and I had a lot of trouble writing what I wanted to say for this book. I'm sorry if things do not make sense or are just overall awkward. I try my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment