Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Heir of Fire Review *Spoiler*

If you have not read Throne of Glass or Crown of Midnight do not read this review.

This story only seems to get better with every book. Heir of Fire is no disappointment at all. In fact, it might be my favorite one so far. I did like Crown of Midnight for the Chaol and Celaena moments. (Told you not to read this.)

As we've kind of figured out in the last book, Celaena is Queen Aelin of Terrasen. And as we also all know, she doesn't want to be queen; she only wants to do what she promised Nehemia she would do. Queen isn't really involved in all that. Well it should be. Can we all just agree that Celaena would make an epic queen. She's strong and assertive and she would rule over the land fairly but without being a pushover. I'm kind of sad she doesn't want to be one but I think that was changing with the end of the book. Also, my ship is gone. :(. Again. :(. BUT ROWAN IS AMAZING AND JUST AS MOODY AS SHE IS. THEY SHOULD DATE. Do they? I don't know.

I didn't really like Manon's point of view. I would be getting into really good parts with Celaena and Rowan or Chaol and Aedion and then be plopped with Manon trying to work with her beast (their relationship is cute though). They're vicious though and I don't care for any of them in the witches clan. Not my favorite character. I also felt Dorian and Sorcha's relationship was oddly forced. They went from nothing to them kissing and being in a secret relationship while he's still trying to forget about Celaena. Will he ever? No, I highly doubt it. (Just saying.)

I feel like this was less of a review and more of be fangirling about the book. I have no shame guys. No shame.
5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment