Monday, May 9, 2016

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

I am back with another book tag! This time with unpopular opinions because everyone knows I have a lot of them. I also love book tags. Here we go.

1. A book or book series that you did not like
For this question I'm going to have two answers and I might get hit for both of them: A Court of Thorns and Roses and Fangirl. I couldn't stand the first book at all. I thought the writing was trying to hard to be lyrical and instead it was just boring and fell flat in so many ways for me, but I am planning on trying to reread that book so many I will change my opinion. As for Fangirl, I felt nothing for any of the characters. I thought Cath was too whiny and her sister way too rude and I wanted it to be over so badly. I have a review for Fangirl on the site somewhere so if you want my full opinions you can check it out down below.

2. A popular book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love
I loved the book Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver. I love her writing style and adored the book Before I Fall and this book did not disappoint me either. She captivated me through the book with the perils of the two sisters and the ending was explosive. I was extremely shocked and blown out of my mind. I don't know if this is a super popular book now but I know it was at some point.

3. A love triangle where the main character did not end up with the character you wanted
This question is a little harder for me because normally I just root for whichever love interest the main character leans towards most. I did come up with an answer. I chose The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo because I absolutely hate who Alina ended up with and I hate the ending of the third book. I have a lot of pent up anger about that last book and the little things that decided to go on.

4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for
SYFY AND HISTORICAL FICTION. There is something about those two genres that put me into a deep, dark reading slump so I avoid them unless the book really captivates my attention.

5. A popular or beloved book character that you do not like
I do not like Mare from Red Queen. I did like her character in the first book but the second book rolled around and I was very turned off by her character and how she was starting to act towards other.

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into
I don't like Jesse Andrew's writing style. I find it rude and over the line of just being sarcastic. I have read Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl and was completely turned off from the story and the characters. And there was also a certain word dropped in the book that sealed this books fate and this author as an author to avoid.

7. A popular book trope that you are tired of seeing
I'm sick of the character not existing in the end even though it was involved in the whole story. Like the end of We Were Liars and technically Vanishing Girls. There's just something about becoming attached to a book character to find out they never existed and it was figments of the main character's imagination.

8. A popular book series you have no desire to pick up
I have no real desire to pick up The Winner's trilogy. I know it has a lot to do politically and I'm not really into politics and how the world works. I like action or magic and other things like that. I will also probably never pick up the 5th Wave series either. That book series has never interested me. Aliens and floods and stuff like that. No thanks.

9. As the saying goes "The book is always better than the movie," but it what cases is this not true?
 This is not true for the Hunger Games movies. I hated the second book of the series but loved the movie. I honestly loved all the movies of the Hunger Games a little bit more than the books.

Let me know if you agree with these or disagree or what your own unpopular opinions might be!

No comments:

Post a Comment