Monday, May 30, 2016

The Wrath and the Dawn Review

I'm going to try doing this review a little different so let's see how this goes.

The Wrath and the Dawn is apart of a duology by Renée Adieh (I'm not sure if I spelled that right). This book has romance, a touch of magic, and murder

Summary: This story follows a young girl named Shahrzad who tries to avenge her best friend's death. She plans to kill the caliph but her plan will go haywire when she develops feelings for him. This is based on A Thousand and One Nights.

What a rollercoaster this story was. I originally tried to read it twice before this but put it down due to lack of interest. I finally gave it another shot and am so glad I did. The writing is fantastic and lyrical and beautiful. The character development was out of this world. You saw Shazi mature even though she was already a pretty mature character. Khalid grew into his own and I started rooting for him over Tyriq. The world building and descriptions put you straight into the story. I will admit some of the middle eastern words confused me, but I didn't realize there was a glossary in the back (I read on my kindle). I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this book and can't wait to get my hands on The Rose and the Dagger.

5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment