Thursday, June 2, 2016

Reading Habits Tag

Hello everyone! Things have finally calmed down at my place and now I can focus more on reading. Since I'm currently in the middle of The Unexpected Everything, I decided why not do a book tag? This is my apology for my lack of posting in the blog and to do something fun and interesting. As the title says, this tag is about my reading habits and what I do.

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

No, I do not. I read anywhere and everywhere in my house, but you can probably find me curled up on my bed with a book.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Both. If I know where my book mark is then I'll use that, but if I don't then I'll just tear off a random piece of paper.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/certain amount of pages?

I prefer to stop at a chapter if I can get myself there. If the chapters are really long and I don't have the time to read until the next chapter, then I'll just stop at what page I'm on.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?

If it's meal time and my mom doesn't care, then yes.

5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?

Music. I feel like it adds to the reading experience; when I'm listening to music and reading and the song just makes perfect sense with the book, I get even more into the book. Music and books go together. I mean even authors do playlists with their books.

6. One book at a time or several at once?

When I was younger I used to read multiple books at once, but now I'd rather read once and let it have my full attention then attempt to read two or three and lose track of all the plots of the books.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

Everywhere.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?

Silently. I used to read out loud but now I'm able to read silently with no problems. I will read out loud if a sentence doesn't make sense to me or something is particularly shocking.

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?

Yes. Sometimes a book is just too good and I can't wait and I skip pages. I'm also known to spoil myself because the mystery of what happens next just eats at me.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

It doesn't really bother me if I do break the spine or keep it like new, but I don't go out of my way to break the spine of a book. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

11. Do you write in your books?

Absolutely not. I only take notes if I'm reading on my kindle but a pen or pencil will never touch the pages of my books.

Thank you all so much for reading!! This was just a little more about me and some of my reading habits that I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment