Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Crown Review *Spoilers*

The Crown is the 5th and final novel in the Selection series. It's a part of The Heir that follows Eadlyn and her selection. This series as a whole has gotten a lot of hate and a lot of love but The Heir and The Crown especially has received a lot of hate. I can understand why, but this series was never meant to be stimulating. It's just meant to be a fun book series that you didn't have to think about. This series does come with its faults and problems as all books do. This is a spoiler review on The Crown.

When it was announced that The Selection series was getting two more books 20 years in the future, I was pretty disappointed. I felt that the series was wrapped up nicely and I wasn't sure that the spin off books would live up to the other three. Turns out I was right. I couldn't stand Eadlyn as a narrator and she was extremely self-centered. She didn't get much better in the second book. She was still very self-centered even when her mother was recovering from a heart attack. There was no character growth with any of the characters. Her choice that she made was not surprising and I'm just extremely disappointed in both books in this series.

2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment