Sunday, June 26, 2016

A Court of Mist and Fury Review *Spoilers*

This review will have spoilers. If you have yet to read A Court of Thorns and Roses, I encourage you to read that now. This book also has some explicit scenes so beware if you are a younger reader.

A Court of Mist and Fury is the second book in the ACOTAR trilogy. Feyre is now in the Night Court with Rhysand and it's the journey of her events after Under the Mountain. She is trying to heal herself and the hole that Tamlin leaves after he betrays her in more than one way.

This review as a whole may be an unpopular one as a whole. I picked up this series again after several attempts with the first book because I heard that this book is legions above the first book. That's not actually what I got, but I did see improvements with characters and the way things were written. This book overall was just okay with some shocking parts throughout the book but the end being the most shocking part and a cliff hanger. Same recipe as the last book.

Feyre darling's character definitely matured in this book. She is dealing with the events that took place under the mountain and is not just ignoring them or acting like it never happened. The author does a great job at reminding us what happened and not blowing it off like so many other books do. She does eventually heal but it's not instantly. It takes time. We got such depth with Rhysand's character and why he does what he does. I fully enjoyed diving into his court and seeing how the infamous Night Court works. I personally have never loved the Spring Court and when the book got the change of scenery it was much appreciated.

As I said above, the recipe of this book was the same as the last one: a few surprises throughout the book and give this explosive ending that leaves readers wanting more. I was not shocked by many of the things that happened in this book and that may be because it was kind of obvious. Tamlin's alliance with the king of Hybern was less than shocking. He was obsessed with Feyre and would do anything to get her back. It's kind of disturbing. Feyre getting mad at Rhys not telling her that she was his mate was just petty. Little things like that in the book just bothered me. I won't say that this is a bad book because it's not, the writing just isn't where I was expected to believe it was.

I am left rather disappointed with this book. I think Sarah J Maas is a wonderful author but this series does not compare to Throne of Glass. I give this book a 3.5/ 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment