Saturday, June 18, 2016

Books That Have Made Me Cry (With some spoilers)

There are two types of readers in the world: the over emotional ones and the stony ones. This will separate the strong from the weak when it comes to a sad scene in a book. A favorite character dies: will you cry? Or will you persevere and hope they come back to life in some mysterious way? WHAT WILL YOU DO? Okay, enough of the dramatics. These are the books that have made me shed a tear, let out a silent sob, or made me throw my book against the wall in anger and collapse into a puddle of tears asking the universe why this had to happen to me because I'm a relatively good person once in a while.

1. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater: So, I don't know if you all know this but I love The Raven Cycle. It's actually on my list of top series and Gansey is one of my many fictional boyfriends. As we all may or may not know from my other review, Gansey dies (I still haven't accepted it so I like to pretend it never happened). Yes, he comes back to life and Cabeswater is now apart of him, but still. My boyfriend is dead and then Noah disappeared from the book at the end. I was upset. Very very very very upset. You have no idea. Then I just cried because the series was over. Sadness all around in this book. Don't read this book. Let the characters stay alive in your mind in Blue Lily, Lily Blue.

2. Every Last Word by Tamera Ireland Stone: This was a fantastic book about a girl who deals with OCD and starts to come into her own. She makes a friend with a girl named Caroline and is introduced into Caroline's friends. The whole story is beautifully executed and shows OCD so well. It's not a story built around OCD. It's just a story with a character who suffers from it. Well, it turns out that Caroline was dead the whole time. I was upset to say the least when that came about. She befriended the main character, brought her into her own, got her and her crush together, all to find out she's dead. The worst part is it was from suicide. Upsetting.

3. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: This book is about a boy who is bipolar and a girl who loses her sister in a car accident and blames herself for her sister's death. They become good friends and even lovers in this book. Then Finch offs himself. When Violet describes how she sees him when they pull him up from the water, is absolutely devastating. You see what suicide does to the people around you who love you. I knew Finch would die, but I still wasn't quite prepared for it. He was a good character and I loved him and Violet together.

4. Allegiant by Veronica Ross: This ending was just cruel. Everyone knows what happened because either you've been spoiled or you read it, or you've been spoiled and still read it but you know. And you may accept it but I don't. Only during death did her original faction finally show who she was. Cruel.

5. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: This book follows a girl whose father is dying and her family decides to have one last family summer together. She doesn't really want to go to her summer house because there are memories and people up there that she's done wrong. She goes up here anyway and the summer turns around for her. Then her dad dies and it's so painful and I can't. You just have to read it. These book deaths are all sad. Only the first one has a decent ending.

This is just a very short list of my long list of sad books. I can imagine you can see which group I fall into with the emotional or stony people. Yeah.... Have a good day and don't read sad books!

No comments:

Post a Comment