Monday, March 21, 2016

I Was Here - Review

   I Was Here was the first book I have ever read of Gayle Forman's books. And let me tell you; I could not put this book down. This book contains content about depression and suicide, just to forewarn anyone that is interested in reading this book.
   After a tragic event, Cody goes off to find clues about her best friend, Meg's, suicide. Now at first I was a little confused because Cody's character seemed to be portrayed as a male but, I assure you Cody is a female character in this book (it took me about three chapters to figure this out Cody knew this wasn't like her best friend and she needed to know more about what was going on in Meg's head up until the weeks, even months, before her passing.
   Cody goes to Meg's college and finds some things that she finds rather abnormal and along the way she makes friends where she never even thought she could. Cody, with the help of her new friends, crack encrypted files on Meg's computer. But Cody doesn't think finding this is enough. She goes home and researches for many things she finds in these files and even poses as someone she isn't. Along with one of her new friends, Cody goes on an adventure per-say to talk to someone who played a role in Meg's suicide. But soon to find out this person had some unexpected baggage Cody never thought the person would've had. Cody and her new friend become so angry that, well, they relieved their tension in the hotel room that night. And I was quite shocked Cody did this with the person she traveled with. But in the end everyone got their closure, mostly Cody, because Meg's parents weren't too shocked, which is very sad to me.
   I absolutely loved this book and I cannot wait to read another one of Gayle Forman's books. I have no complaints about this book! I give this book five out of five stars! This book reminds me of a crime show that I could binge watch and never get sick of and it left me wanting more at the end! I hope this review was alright for my first!

No comments:

Post a Comment