Friday, July 8, 2016

A Gathering of Shadows Review

I recently just finished A Darker Shade of Magic which is the first book in this series and loved it. This book takes place four months after the events of the first book. As I had said in my review of the first book, the first book could've ended as a standalone and I still believe that after reading this book.

Not a whole lot happens in this book to be quite honest with you. I was left very unimpressed with the plot because there was none. This book didn't advance the plot in anyway. Was it entertaining? Sure. Was it interesting? Sort of. After this book, I lost my love with this series. I wanted more. I wanted more with Black London and the magic and everything else. Instead, Lila is all the sudden a magician and may be an Antari at that and we're left with quite a cliffhanger. This story also had the games and only the last 3 pages finally had action at the meet up between Kell and Holland. By then it was too late to salvage my feelings towards this book. I sang high praise with V.E. Schwab, but I'm starting to wonder if she can truly write series or if she's better of writing standalones. I don't know. This is short because I don't have a lot to say. I'm just disappointed.

2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment